Special Meeting 2018-02-10 Minutes
Directors and Officers Present
- Greg Miller, President
- Richard Gowen, Secretary
- Olivia Snyder, Vice President
- Tommy Falgout, Floating Board Member
- Paul Ingendorf, Floating Board Member
Directors and Officers Absent
- James Ford, Facility Coordinator
- Whiskey Neon, CTO
- n/a, Treasurer
- n/a, Fundraising Coordinator
- n/a, Chief Legal Officer
Voting Members Present
A total of 36 voting members were present
Voting Members Absent
A total of 2 voting members were absent
With 36 voting members present and 2 absent we had enough voting members to make a quorum per our bylaws.
Location and Time
Meeting held on Feb, 10, 2018 at our education center. Voting took place between 3 and 5 PM
1st Order of business:
Voting member explanation and declaration. All members present were offered the chance to declare themselves as voting members.
2nd Order of business:
Reviewed the board of director positions and current nominees for those positions. Solicited for new nominations from the membership. Here is the final list of board of director positions and candidates:
|President||James Ford, Greg Miller|
|Vice President||Olivia Snyder, Pavel Shatokhin|
|Secretary||Ryan Elliott, Pavel Shatokhin|
|Floating Board Member||Brandon Hansford, Paul Ingendorf|
3rd Order of business:
Reviewed the officer positions and current nominees for those positions. Solicited for new nominations from the membership. Here is the final list of officer positions and candidates:
|Treasurer||Kevin Horn, Ryan Elliott|
|Chief Legal Officer||NO CANDIDATE|
|Education Coordinator||Olivia Snyder|
|Chief Technical Officer||Whiskey Neon, Paul Ingendorf, Brian Mork|
|Fundraising Coordinator||Andy Michaels|
4th Order of business:
Reviewed the other items up for vote by the membership. Solicited for new items requiring votes from the membership.
The following new items were added to be voted on:
- To remove the current Chief Technology Officer for abandoning his responsibilities.
- To conditionally elect a replacement Chief Technology Officer.
- To add a supplemental rule that states If someone’s going to hold two leadership positions, then they should be elected to both those positions in the same election.
- Note that a supplemental rule is not the same as a Bylaw and does not require submission to the State/Fed the way a Bylaw change would.
- Note that even if this is successfully voted in, this would not effect this current special election
5th Order of business:
Online Voting Commenced. Results below.
VOTE: Resolution of the formal vote of the membership on the officer positions (Top Nominees Listed):
|Position||Member Elected||Runner Ups|
|Treasurer||Kevin Horn: 31||Ryan Elliot: 4|
|Chief Legal Officer||NO CANDIDATE: 0|
|Education Coordinator||Olivia Snyder: 33|
|Chief Technical Officer||Paul Ingendorf: 17 +||Brian Mork: 15 WhiskeyNeon: 4|
|Fundraising Coordinator||Andy Micheals: 35|
- +Note that this confirmed both the vote to remove the current CTO and also instate this new member as CTO
VOTE: Resolution of the formal vote of the membership on the director positions (Top Nominees Listed): (weighting per bylaws not applicaple given absent director)
|Position||Member(s) Elected||Runner Ups|
|President||Greg Miller: 23||James Ford: 13|
|Vice President||Olivia Snyder: 25||Pavel Shatokhin: 11|
|Secretary||Pavel Shatokhin: 23||Ryan Elliott: 13|
|Floating Board Members (1)||Brandon Hansford: 18 ++||Paul Ingendorf: 18|
- ++Note that this position was a tie that was broken by a board vote Board Meeting 2018-02-10 to elect Brandon Hansford to Floating Board Member.
VOTE: Resolution on the motion to remove the current CTO from office and elect a new CTO:
|Votes to Remove CTO||Votes NOT to Remove CTO|
VOTE: Resolution on the motion to add a suplimental rule that states “If someone’s going to hold two leadership positions, then they should be elected to both those positions in the same election.”
|Votes to Add Rule||Votes NOT to add Rule|