New Board/Officer Onboarding Meeting 2018-02-18 Minutes
- Brandon Hansford, Floating Board Member
- Olivia Snyder, Vice President
- Pavel Shatokhin, Secretary
- Greg Miler, President
- Tommy Falgout Floating Board Member
- Paul Ingendorf, Chief Technical Officer
- Kevin Horn, Treasurer
- Andy Michaels, Fundraising Coordinator
Location and Time
Took place at the education center on February 18th at 7 PM.
1st Order of Business:
Discussed the best time for the monthly membership and board meeting times.
The present members agreed that the best meeting times will be on weekdays after 8 except on Thursdays. With 1st Tuesday of every month set as a tentative 1st meeting date.
Before a final time could be decided the best meeting times will be collected from the remaining board members and officers not present for the meeting.
2nd Order of Business:
Reviewed final concerns for new leadership members:
- Discussed treasurer would need access to PO Box.
- Determined that upgrades to the Website will be discussed inf future meetings. Paul Ingendorf will be updating the website as necessarily.
- Discussed the secretary will collect money from donation boxes and catalog funds every 2 weeks to a month until further notice.
- Reviewed creating a checklist for on boarding for each role to make onboarding easier in the future. This was mentioned but not discussed in detail.
3rd Order of Business:
The following items were bought up to be reviewed or voted on in the upcoming Board and Membership Meeting:
- Changing Website to a more user friendly format.
- Switching from PayPal to a different subscription platform.
- Who will be in charge of buying toiletries and miscellaneous supplies.
- Should the lab host a new Member Class.
- Hosting a mini Maker Fair
- Changing concealed weapons signage to a different sign.
4th Order of Business:
Reviewed how officers would handle new member onboarding. Discussed having an e-mail sent to new members and including a key fob attachment such as a card.
5th Order of Business:
Discussed duties of the treasurer. Present members agreed to start taking account of what the organization’s income and possessions to assist in future decision making.