Monthly Meeting 7-2-2019
Directors and Officers Present
- Olivia Snyder: President
- Anthony Alcala: Vice President
- Ryan Elliott: Secretary
- Brandon Hansford: Floating Board and Education Coordinator
- Luke Bayley: Floating Board and Treasurer
- Greg Miller: Chief Technical Officer
- John Sanders: Facilities Coordinator
Directors and Officers Absent
- Andy Michaels: Fundraising Coordinator
1st Order of business:
2019 Goals presented by Olivia
- Consolidate Information
- Define our Business Plan
- Electronic Payment Push
- Safety/Procedural Elements
- Committee Formation
Consolidation of information on the following.
- Member lists
- Currently paid members
- Keyfob distribution
- Voting status
- Waiver status
- Lifetime/Special fee status
- Monthly/Yearly/Special/Gifted membership
Defining our business plan
- Financial goals
- Space goals
- Long term vs. short term goals
- Current membership
- Expected membership
- Community outreach goals
- Storage/safety/inventory plans
- Insurance coverage and requirements
Electronic Payment Push
- Payment “Store”
- Laser time
- Special authorized project kits
- Clear, easy-to-follow tree for purchasing membership
- Information on electronic donations accessible
- Welcome email with instructions
- Directions on Keyfob acquisition
- New member intro to Lab culture
- Safety briefings
- Electronic waiver signing
- Exact how-tos on laser safety
- Hardcopy calendar of safety checks
- Fire extinguishers
- Filter change dates
- Filtration system checks
- Smoke/other detection devices
- Chemical storage
- Physical security of the space and property of the space
- Itemized list of owned materials
- Identifying stickers linked to database
- Possible future equipment use enabled/disabled with keyfob
- Wiki committee is a great start:
- Who heads committees
- Committee formation
- Committee permissions
- Committee members
- Area Hosts using Wiki to document/update Area Statuses/Procedures
2nd Order of business
Business brought up by Luke
- Push for customized automation for the key fob system in order to track memberships more effectively.
- Streamline access for financial data.
- Push to change to electronic payment methods instead of cash boxes.
- We have been approved for a business credit card. There will be a well defined list of pre-approved items which are part of everyday use. This is to streamline the purchase of basic supplies like cleaning supplies, light bulbs, toilet paper, and snacks. Facilities has a pre-approved budget of $100 per month and anything farther requires approval.
- We are out of pen kits and intend to order 20 in order to gauge an effective monthly budget.
- All of the bills have been paid.
3rd Order of business:
Brought up by John
- Work out a methodology for how we handle committees. Anthony has stated that he will draft a policy.
- Push for better transparency of communication with a wiki, because the current git hub method is unfriendly to new users.
- Olivia has stated that she will help with a layout for the wiki.
- Look into replacing slack.
- Attempt to have mid month meetings to go over progress.
4th Order of business:
Brought up by Brandon
- Make a plan for whether or not we will move when the lease expires.
- We will need to have to have a light industrial space.
- Need to define minimum and maximum options. Assumed $2200-2500 per month at 4000+ sq ft in the Plano area.
- Form a relocation committee.
- Explore the SBA program.
5th Order of business:
Brought up by Ryan
- Form a marketing plan with Andy
- Look into a proper air filtration system for the wood-shop that can preferably be moved with us.
- Look into better safety protocols in the wood-shop
- Initiate better practices for the keeping the current vacuum filter clean, and properly used.
- Look into more permanent locations for each machine in the wood-shop.
- We will need to determine the time-frame for moving.
- We need longer meetings.
6th Order of business:
Brought up by Andy previously for discussion
- Look into more corporate giving programs.