lab·o·ra·to·ry: a place equipped for experimental study in a science or for testing and analysis; broadly : a place providing opportunity for experimentation, observation, or practice in a field of study - Merriam-Webster.com
What is TheLab.ms?
First and foremost we are a community. TheLab.ms is an online and in person (meatspace) hub for the creative and the curious: engineers, artists, hackers, makers, crafters, and general tinkerers.
We are an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and community resource.
The mission of TheLab.ms is to foster a collaborative environment wherein people can explore and create intersections between technology, science, art, and culture. Our goals for success:
- Acquire & maintain a collaborative workspace.
- Foster a creative, collaborative environment.
- Interact with the local community through education and cultural participation.
- Share our developments and ideas.
- Facilitate communication with other spaces.
- Invite experts and creative individuals to share their ideas.
TheLab.ms Education Center - 1915 N Central Expy #370 Plano, TX 75075
The education center is our first purpose built space. It contains 2 general purpose classrooms, an electronics lab, compute / infosec lab, audio / video recording studio, and 3D print lab. Each classroom is equipped with cameras and microphones to record classes and meetings for live streaming and online publishing.
TheLab.ms Fabrication Station - Location TBD Plano, TX
Our first industrial workshop for woodworking, metalworking, etc. We are currently raising funds for this space. Our goal is to open the Fabrication Station in 2016.
All The Things
Our online presence is critical for our members communication and collaboration. As such we strive to be in all the places our members are. Here is a list of some of the places you can find us.
Board of Directors
We currently have a five director board made up of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and two Floating Board Members. The directors are elected annually by a vote of the membership. Here is a list of our current Board of Directors:
- President - Gregory Miller
- Vice President - Olivia Snyder
- Secretary - Pavel Shatokhin
- Floating - Brandon Hansford
- Floating - Tommy Falgout
We currently have six officer positions including Treasurer, Chief Technical Officer, Education Coordinator, Fundraising Coordinator, Facilities Coordinator, and Chief Legal Officer. The officers are elected annually by a vote of the membership. Here is a list of our current Officers:
- Treasurer - Kevin Horn
- Chief Technical Officer - Paul Ingendorf
- Education Coordinator - Olivia Snyder
- Fundraising Coordinator - Andy Michaels
- Facilities Coordinator - James Ford
- Chief Legal Officer - Vacant
Our founding members have been very supportive, as well as the local security groups such as: