The Lab.ms has a variety of equipment available to use. Listed here are the models and helpful links relating to what we own. Please note that some equipment requires members to go through special training before use. Refrain from moving equipment elsewhere in the building, or hacking equipment to do what it otherwise is not intended to do.
|badger1||FlashForge Creator Pro|
|badger2||FlashForge Creator Pro|
|harambe2||Makerfarm Prusa 12″ i3v|
Please visit the 3D printer GitHub repository here for complete instructions on getting started 3D printing at The Lab.
Helpful 3D printer links:
- Tinkercad – a web-based modeling program, good for starting out.
- OpenSCAD – a popular 3D designer many members use.
- Slic3r – the slicing program The Lab uses. Config files are in the Github.
- Flashforge Creator Pro Spec Sheet – This is for the newer model, but it’s not too different from what we have.
- Makerfarm Prusa 12″ i3v Specs – This is the model we own.
|Trogdor||80-watt CO₂||Requires training for use.|
Please visit the laser cutter GitHub repository here for complete instructions on getting started laser cutting. Please note that all members must attend a safety briefing before being cleared to use the laser cutter!
Helpful Laser Cutter Links:
- Thunderlaser’s RDWorks – the program you need to communicate with Trogdor
- My First Laser Cutting Project – Seriously, do this, and it will guide you through settings, using a vector program, and get you started.
- Troubleshooting – GitHub for when you need hallllp
- Expired Purchasing Page with Stats – the Lab’s laser is a clone of a Thunderlaser.
- Inkscape – a free vector design program, handy for designing stuff to lasercut
|mushroom||GCC Bengal Vinyl Plotter BN-60||MUST be used with the vinyl cutter laptop.|
Please visit the vinyl cutter GitHub repository here for complete instructions on getting started vinyl cutting at The Lab.
Helpful vinyl cutter links:
- Inkscape – a free vector design program, handy for designing stuff to vinyl cut
- PDF Manual for the software the vinyl cutter uses.
- PDF Manual for the type of vinyl cutter we own.
Scanner & Laser Printer
|derp||some herpy HP printer||capable of blah blah blah|
|herp||another derpy HP printer/scanner||capable of blah blah blah|
To connect to the print server perform ritual sacrifice to print gods.
|giant saw||it cuts stuff||do not cut off limbs|
|band saw||saws off things||do not cut off limbs|
|miter saw||good for cutting miters||do not cut off limbs|
|dremel tool||dremels things||do not cut off limbs|
Please note that all members must sign a wavier before being cleared to use the woodshop!
Electronics Lab Equip
|bench||does benchy things||highly flammable|
|soldering iron||sticks metal together||doesn’t stick limbs together|
|mystery thing||dunno what this does||is this actually a sandwich|